The People Of Asia Online Community Rules and Etiquette:
Thank you for being part of The People of Asia Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. As such we encourage all to participate in our online community. The People of Asia have several tools such as direct message, forum, along with our group community, and members’ contents. These platforms are great tools to get information, share idea, participate in an ongoing conversation and connect with other members. By participating on social platforms that are The People of Asia branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact The People of Asia team at [email protected]. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, The People of Asia reserves the right to delete posts or block the accounts of users who violate these rules.
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages, advertise, survey or spam. Commercial solicitation, straight up advertising, or contributions designed to promote traffic to another site aren’t acceptable.
- Don’t discuss how to commit illegal activity (like buying drugs, avoiding visa restrictions, ticket scalping). It’s OK to talk about the existence of these things, but don’t advise how and where to do them.
- Community messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. The People of Asia reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing contents. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, violence, offensive, terrorism, illegal, extreme/radical views contents are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Community.
- Remember that The People of Asia have the right to reproduce postings.
- Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. This means including your real name on your accounts along with disclosing your real information and using a profile picture of your likeness. Using an organisation’s logo as profile picture is allowed as long as you are creating an account for such organisation and clearly show that you are a legitimate person who acts on behalf of the company by stating official company name, address, contact, and your relationship with the company.
- Be sincere in your contributions. Post with purpose; to inspire, enable or share with fellow members.
- The People of Asia is proud of hosting a global community that embraces different cultures, faiths, attitudes and points of view. Please be respectful of this.
- Decide which platform is best for your message. We do not encourage you to just share a link, or an article with your comments as it might be more appropriate to be posted on social media. Want to start conversations around a topic? That is best served in the Forum.
- To learn more about how to use these tools please contact The People of Asia staff at [email protected].
The Legal Stuff
This platform, including its social media pages and accounts are provided as a service of The People of Asia. The People of Asia is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. The People of Asia disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by The People of Asia or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall The People of Asia be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to The People of Asia and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. The People of Asia does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to The People of Asia’s attention, The People of Asia will take all appropriate action.
All over our website you’ll see flag icons that let you notify us of stuff that breaches the rules. This helps you look after the community too. We do ask that you log in to report things – we think it’s the best way to avoid abuse of the abuse function.
We remind you that The People of Asia is designed, suitable and intended for people who are over 18, and should not be used by anyone under this age.